View Single Post
Old 10-19-19, 10:11 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18376 Post(s)
Liked 4,511 Times in 3,353 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I was thinking the use-case where you're somewhere, and you just want to go to somewhere else (eg. home) -- requiring to pick a start location (where you are) and one other waypoint (eg. home).. with the most popular cycling route chosen for you from point A to B.

Garmin Connect has this apparently, with upload to device option as well, so I guess I'll use that in these instances since I'd prefer to use the head unit anyway.
Like I've said, I've done the route planning on my phone. A tablet or larger phone might be better.

I frequently stop a couple of days in Portland without good internet access. But, have side trips or even Craigslist purchases that require planning on the fly.

I see notes above about new mobile route planning for Ride With GPS. It sounds good, but I haven't been using routes on Ride With GPS because they were crippled for the FREE users.

As mentioned, the full version of Strava will work with Chrome, and one can use the route planner on mobile devices if one uses care, and ignores prompts to use the mobile version.