Old 11-01-19, 04:01 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I count myself quite lucky that I've never had someone do that close enough in front of me that I couldn't scare them back into the lane by screaming at them. I literally scream! I don't even bother with words.

I'm a bit shocked that happened to you on the Nashua which I think of as kind of a mellow path (I probably do about 100 round trips a year on it), that's an awful stroke of bad luck.

Speedy recovery! I look forward to reading about your triumphant return to the saddle in the spring.

I've got a good lunch tip for that path if you want it. Might be a good way to celebrate your return.
We love that path! There was a very large group ride out there that day. And they ride REALLY slow. I'm sure I shouldn't have tried to pass all of them, but they were making me crazy - and I'm not at all fast. Of course, a couple of them stayed behind to make sure I was alright and they invited us to join their group (on a future ride). Nice people. I just don't know if I can ride their pace. I've been wanting to find a group just a little bit faster than me to ride with because they will make me better (in theory). A group that rides 9-10 mph? I might kill them. If I got a jury of cyclists, they might not even convict.

I'd love to hear the lunch tip! Our previous ventures to that path were always on Sundays and absolutely nothing was open in Ayer.