Old 07-21-22, 07:28 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
When rested properly I am going to repeat my 3 minute local interval hill. A few days before the fit, I did a PB in time and blew away my previous best on power for that duration. I have done this 10-14% hill probably 200 times and know that 2-3 seconds improvement would make the fit worth it but the real test is whether I can ride with such a forward bias of my torso and it addresses some pains that I have recently been having. I have always preferred the Greg Lemond type position. I'll see within a few weeks. If it works, then, need to find an appropriate much larger frame or bike in stock.
Forward adjusted saddle actually favors steep climbs.

A better test is to compare the times on your longest rides (preferrably >4 hrs) with a balanced mix of climbing and flats.

Many riders will have arm and shoulder issues with forward slammed saddle doing long rides on the flats. But the same forward slammed saddle will have superior comfort and power in climbs. Many hill climb Pros have forward slammed tilted down saddles which is best for steep climb races. It's comfortable and delivers superior power on steep climbs but can be quite uncomfortable to ride on the flats.

If you ride mostly in the mountains or barely a flat section, then a forward slammed saddle might actually be the best option for you.