Old 11-27-23, 12:02 PM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 132 Posts
Sonoma, CA. Santa Rosa to the coast, along the old Levi’s GranFondo route (pre pandemic) is breathtaking. Miles along the coast in Sonoma State Park, along the Russian River, and through vineyards.

Pescadero, CA, and along the SF Bay peninsula. Start in Pescadero, heading inland on Pescadero Creek Rd, climb (and then descend) to La Honda Rd. Head back to the coast. Stop in San Gregorio. Head north to tackle Tunitas Rd, one of the biggest climbs in the area - at the top you hit Skyline, and if you make it to a gap in the trees you can see the SF Bay on one side of the hills, and the foothills cascading to the Pacific on the other. If you decline to tackle Tunitas, head south from San Gregorio (again, on the PCH) for some great views. I haven’t done this but, but I’ve been told Duarte’s is a good spot for a post ride pie.

New York Five Boro bike tour. it’s not fast, and you have to deal with thousands of other cyclists (who all signed up for the 5Boro within a week of tickets becoming available), but you get to ride up 6th Ave, on the BQE, and across the Queensboro and Verrazano, while all the car traffic gets to wait for you. Of course, of the three times I did it, it rained twice…