Old 05-30-13, 04:01 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by NeoY2k
Thank you very much!

It really is sad they didn't provision for a distance ahead of the turn, that instant beep and turn could lead to funny situations! Though sure, I'll stay on the map (couldn't care less about the other functions, I have my classic wired bike odometer for these), and if it works for you, it should work for me.

I'd still be very interested in your procedure, should I feel I like it better this way... I already use BikeRouteToaster but never looked at these kind of functions!

Thanks,
Nicolas
Its very easily. Basically you map out your ride, say in bikeroutetoaster, and before downloading the map, you set the perimeters to at which point you want the turn by turn to tell you where to turn. Basically it creates another waypoint. Very useful.

But again, to be frank, if you do not use the other functions like cadence and HRM then your GPS should always be on the maps and to be frank, it is pretty easy to look down and see the turns. It works wonders. Cant miss a turn and if for some reason you do, it will notify you by a buzz.