Old 10-22-18, 07:18 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I think I'd be more likely to continue riding through the winter if it weren't so dark when I leave for work beginning at this time of year. When I drive to work in the mornings lately, I struggle to see through my frosty windows, and if I don't keep spraying defroster fluid on them, I can lose practically all visibility.

I don't want to be a cyclist on the road with people in cars having this same problem. Especially if they are on their phones complaining to their friends about it.

But to the point of this thread, I was just talking to my wife yesterday about how, within the past ten years, I've gone from looking forward to bundling up for a brisk winter ride to having absolutely no ambition to do so at all .
That's a shame, Tom. I agree that there are many factors on the road that are beyond your control and that are potential catastrophes, more so in the winter, I suppose. I am well aware of these dangers when riding in the winter. If I don't feel safe I won't hesitate to take the sidewalk to avoid being side by side with cars. Sidewalks come with their own hazards, but the danger is in front of you, and you have some control over how you proceed.

We all do what we feel is best for your own safety. Good luck to you.