DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,123 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
A
I ran into this when I tried keto diets a few times, and keto is pretty simple. It just became really frustrating to eat out or constantly prepare my own food while needing extra calories because I was training so much. It felt like work, even in Portland, OR where it wasn't unheard of to order a "burger in a bun of lettuce". Doing that in Atlanta was that much more difficult.

That being said, most top athletes have generally regimented diets. But, us weekend-warriors, not so much.
We're now truly living in a renaissance time for boutique and specialty diets ----

even in Oklahoma City, if you mention youre paleo , the server will likely suggest something her boyfriend orders because he is too (or something like that) -- and the hamburger without the bun has now become common enough that many times if you order a side of broccoli instead of fries, the server will automatically ask if you want to leave the bun off --- just 10 years ago , people thought you were goofy to do something that astonishing

Im not keto but I eat low carb -- my philosophy is id rather skip the breads and pastas in exchange for having a couple of beers every now and then. But this strategy is not working. I need to lose weight but my body is happy and has achieved some sort of homeostasis , so I believe its time to ditch the alcohol and try to induce true ketosis for a while