View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 05:26 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
I wanted to get back into beach cruisers for riding around the neighborhood. Then I decided I wanted to commute. I am a type 2 diabetic, then I noticed that my blood sugars have gone down. My first goal was to go every other day. Then my next goal was to beat public transportation. I decided that I could get a workout by commuting instead of setting time to go to a Gym/Recreation Center. Achieved more goals. Next, I worked with a nutritionist to fix my diet. I've been at it for a year and a half now. I've lost 45 lbs and decreased my insulin levels by 90%. I want to lose another 20 lbs first then another 50 lbs after that. I want to stop being diabetic. I am currently commuting 3-4 days a week 12 miles one way. I bought a ebike about three months into commuting. I use the mid levels of assist and vary the assist depending on how I feel or if I need to get somewhere fast. The ebike has taken away the variability of my commute times. I'm just hooked spending about two hours a day listening to music on my bluetooth speaker and riding. This may be my first five day commute week. We will see how winter affects me(Snow/ice). I'm constantly trying new routes, gear to see what works in the winter. Spinning on some days, pounding on others, and cruising on the other days.

Rode a Sears Spyder when I was a kid, delivered papers, then progressed up to a moped, motorcycle, and car. Now I am regressing back to a scooter, ebike and bicycle. It just makes financial sense. The money that I save I invest.
Likes For alloo: