Old 11-29-20, 03:42 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,470 Times in 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by parkbrav
Hey what up Tom, hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Back for another winter season?
I spent last winter in NYC where I normally live. It was the first year ever recorded when there wasn't even as much as a dusting of snow. We had a few cold days but no brutal days. I was able to commute by bike every single day. That was nice.

Then the pandemic hit, and my spouse and I moved to our weekend home in the Hudson Valley. I don't have anywhere to commute to on bike, as I'm taking classes online. My cycling is all different now. I have to tell myself to get on the bike in order to get a ride in. In other words, my need to get places doesn't put the miles on. So in one way it's hard. I don't get enough miles in. In other ways, it's much better. The roads here are amazing. Traffic is light, scenery is fantastic, and even the drivers are nice to cyclist. We have no shoulders on the roads, so I ride in the middle of the lane. Drivers wait until it is safe to pass. But just about all the roads are very hilly.

I hope to ride as much as possible this winter. It's not my favorite season for riding but riding in the cold is better than not riding. How is your pandemic?

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.