Old 01-01-21, 07:38 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I’ve had very good luck for many decades with tire liners. I’ve had a few flats from them wearing on the tube but that doesn’t happen very often. The Marathon Plus (and like tires) have the same liner that is just sealed in the rubber of the tire. The plus side of the tire liners is that they can be used for dozens of sets of tires and aren’t necessarily tied to a particular tire.
Ha! This sounds like a solution for me. I am afraid of getting stuck somewhere having only Marathon+ and suffer from the poor ride quality while I might not really need them for the particular area. Taking the liners along for a far-away venture does not seem that taxing - I take minor maintenance and repair items anyway. Is there any particular brand of the liners that one should choose? Are ultralight liners just as good? I anyway ride always tires that have some reinforcement but occasionally clearly not strong enough. Any supplementary liner advice? Thanks.