View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 11:21 AM
tigat

Bikes: 2020 Trek Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 35 Posts
Bandit New Brake

For those of you who may not have been following my earlier posts on this topic, the pictures below represent a single hand control system on a Trek Domane nick-named the Bandit, a project that Trek started for me, a one-handed rider, some years ago.

Some great bikes resulted, but one of the project goals was to make the adaptation easy to assemble, completely with off the shelf parts. Last week, it happened.

The bike uses Shimano Di2 components set up in synchronized mode, so both the shifter on the hood and the climbing button on the bar top engage the full range of gears. Likewise, both the brake lever on the hood and the Shimano GRX bar top, in line lever fire the front and rear disc brakes simultaneously with great modulation and very little lever pull effort. The result: full one-handed control of every braking and shifting component from the bar top/the hood/the drop. The device attached to the outlet portal on the GRX lever is a Pro Edition Double, made by a Korean company named Outbraker, which takes the single output and splits it into two hoses feeding the front and rear.

Long story short - this is awesome! I have never felt safer or more in control on a bike.

Please forgive the duplicate posting on several forums - you just never know where you might reach someone who has a friend who might benefit from something like this.

Likes For tigat: