Old 06-01-19, 02:09 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by BromptonINrio
can you share your experirnce with actual percentages, photos, and pro****s?
Here you have an aircraft supplier page with all the three products listed. T9 is quite commonly carried by bicycle shops and LPS 3 is occasionally carried. Here you have a systematic evaluation of different corrosion protectors. The 3 mentioned products are towards the top of their lists. I have not tried Corrosion X. Maybe you can find a more up to date evaluation. My own testing ground had been stopping the rust on chain. During our snow or rain periods the best individual products protected chain for about 2 weeks, but this was too short for me and I started pondering how the individual products worked - when corrosion started it was a bit different depending on products - and I started experimenting by mixing. The mixture of about 1/3 of each by volume provides protection that extends to months on the chain and years in places that are not rubbed. When I need, I apply the mixture without washing off any salt, such as in the case of a kickstand, and the mixture works. I apply the mixture to car windshield wipers and it holds there. ACF50 is the most expensive product of the 3, so when mixing I often pour a bit more than of the other 2. I apply the mixture to exposed steel and suspect places in alu and obviously to any contact areas. Alu corrodes too.

P.S. My bet is that the Frame Saver goes into a similar direction as my mixture, but my starting focus was the chain rust and my mixture proved itself effective there.

Last edited by 2_i; 06-01-19 at 02:16 PM. Reason: P.S.