genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandera
Noting to get over here, I ride as a cyclist and leave the sidewalk to pedestrian traffic as designed.
Nothing odd about that.

Is this just to show your solidarity with the rampant narcissistic E-scooter traffic in our downtown who also operate inappropriately on the sidewalk?
Do you also "salmon" down the sidewalk going the wrong way against the walkers, joggers, dog-walkers and baby joggers as well?

-Bandera
NOPE none of the above... and I did clearly stated this does not work everywhere. The sidewalks I am using are empty, and the paths and MUPs are wide and meant for use by peds and cyclists. I actually cycle past a geriatric home and find no issue sharing the path with aged walkers and dogs.

BUT, the flip side is it DOES WORK HERE, and in other areas, and insisting that cyclists should ALWAYS ride in the street and even take a lane is just dogmatic foolishness.

I will agree, there are times when that is the ONLY choice. (I have bike toured across the states... I know conditions vary quite a bit from area to area.) I will also clearly state that cyclists and motorists can easily share the road when the speed differential between them is small.