Old 05-23-15, 08:59 PM
RickGr4

Bikes: 2016 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2, 2002 Jamis Tangier, Classic Nakamichi 10 speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not sure about Trek but the owners manual that came with my new Giant has a very detailed weight chart. Have you downloaded and looked at the owners manual for the bike you are considering?

Originally Posted by Nikon Fan
I'm looking at the Trek 7.2 FX and would like to know the maximum weight it can handle. Specs online don't mention what the maximum weight it can handle.

I currently own a Fuji Tahoe 27.5 1.5 Disk (mountain bike) and it supports almost double my weight. I'm looking for a a daily rider (90% asphalt, 10% off road), and it looks like hybrid seems the way to go (had a road bike decades ago, not my current riding style). I looked into changing my tires for slicker road tires, but I think more changes would need to be made; probably be better off starting from scratch with a hybrid.

I'm concerned about the rear wheel and pedal weight tolerances. I'm sure the frame can support my weight without a problem, but the rear wheel and pedals will bear most of my weight (currently at 250, but working on trying to loose weight by proper diet and daily cycling).