Old 06-18-20, 07:40 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 983:

Pouring rain this morning with wind, lightning and thunder. The only thing missing was hail (thankfully.) It was a tough morning to get myself motivated to go out and ride in the downpour as I really didn't need to other than to keep my streak going. But I sucked it up and went 12.6 miles before returning home and starting to work. At least the temp was a pleasant 72 degrees, so I wasn't cold at all. Just soaked to the bone.

I saw one other guy on a bicycle this morning. He was commuting, but didn't look like a seasoned commuter as he didn't have a helmet, glasses, mirror, cycling clothes, etc. I strongly suspect DUI.

Been having a real issue lately with sweat running into my eyes and blinding me with the pain. I'll be riding and suddenly it feels like my eyes are on fire, and there's no possible way I can keep them open. Even today during the rain I was having lots of trouble after about 8 miles. Wiping my eyes fixes it for about 10 seconds and then the sweat runs into my eyes again. Not sure why all the sudden this became a problem for me in the last month. I've been commuting regularly for 14 years and until now it's never been a big concern.