View Single Post
Old 05-11-17, 11:04 AM
rensho3

Bikes: Fuji Elite, 3Rensho track, Trek Madone 6.9, Specialized MTB, GT MTB, Cannondale Cad3 fixie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll bite. I have Kreitlers, so I put on my race gear and do 20-30 minutes the rollers, gradually bringing my cadence up until I am spinning comfortably at 110 or so. In the last 5 minutes I will do a couple of 10-20 second spin-ups with maybe 2-3 minutes in between each one. I time this so I can get on the track in my race gear with abut 10 minutes left in warm up. I then do either two 100 meter jumps with a short wind up or two slow rolling 75 meter starts.

Then it is 7-10 minutes on the rollers at an easy pace every 15-20 minutes, and when it is about 10 minutes before my heat goes off I do a couple of spin ups. This works pretty well for me, and also lets me fee the race gear on the track, without burning out my legs warming up. Of course, the times are just averages; it depends on the temperature. For example, I warm up longer in Carson than I do in Rock Hill, where it probably be in the 90s with 80-90 humidity. I gauge by heart rate and amount of sweat.