View Single Post
Old 08-07-18, 04:12 AM
Gerry221

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced, Merida Racelight, Specialized Allez, Bianchi Doss 500 MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by breadbin
Thanks guys. I need to keep up the cycling and today I went out again in the beautiful countryside. I did 12km and I actually enjoyed it. I charged a GoPro that I hadn't used in a couple of years. I took a bit of video of the day. The weather was great. I felt great after it and during it although there is one short sharp shock that I had to struggle up. I thought my lungs were going to jump out. I have to make a habit out of it.

I found today and yesterday that I push myself a lot on the bike, I try to take it easy and effortless but I push myself. I am not sure if that is because of the weight or just habit but I am sure it will get easier Maybe not! The one thing I am sort of concerned about is that I am on the granny gear. The smallest chainring. I have a triple crankset so the small one is tiny! I think at this stage it is better to be pedalling than pounding.
Don't concern yourself;lf with what ring you are in or gear....

do what you feel comfortable with. no point in grinding, getting injured or worse, putting you off cycling.

Ask yourself, "Why am I cycling?"

is it to break records?
Is it to go fast?
Is it to claim KOM's?

I am sure your answers will be no, to all of the above. You cycle to get fitter, drop a few pounds....and most of all, enjoyment!

Just get out, enjoy the scenery, wind in your face....and cycle.

Having goals or aims is good. Just don't make them unachievable or you will lose heart.

Keep pedalling, buddy!!!