kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by rubynewbie
It is actually not carbon fiber, although they do make one of those too. But it does have the 105 components. From what I could find it’s the only aluminum frame offering that does.
That's a really nice bike. 105 is a solid choice that will last a lot of miles. Apologies for the mistake on frame material. I just did a quick search on Cannondale Quick and saw the carbon model at the top of the search results.

I right now am looking for 30-60 minutes a night after work at a truly moderate pace. If I catch the bug and feel the need to hunker down and feel the wind in my face then I will revisit my original Roubaix purchase. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that a lot of enthusiasts here aren’t still riding their first bike.
I know a lot of enthusiasts and can't think of a single one who is riding their first bike. Most of them have several bikes, and I'm sure many got started on flat bar bikes. I still have a few bikes that don't have drop bars for when I prefer to cruise at a moderate pace.

So I ordered the 2018 Cannondale Quick 1 Disc Womens in small. Brand new but an older model offered significant savings. The flat bars are supposed to be lower on the Quick 1 than the other Quick line up, but of course not to the level of drop bars. I’m wondering how many men here (and even women frankly) have ridden a drop bar bike while being fully weighted down by a G cup bra completely filled. I’m just guessing, but this possibly could have had something to do with how in the end I was more comfortable on a flat bar bike. But I really didn’t want to give up the 105 components, I enjoyed that on many of the bikes I test rode. After my breast cancer surgery I will lose a rather massive amount of breast size, and once I recover and get back to hitting the road every day again I might eventually consider a different type of bike, but I think this is a really good fit for where I am today.

I SO appreciate the wide variety of opinions offered here, thank you so much!
Congratulations on your new bike. Sounds like a very well informed, smart buy, and I'm sure your husband is delighted with the savings . Good luck with your cancer surgery and treatments.