burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
Boooooooooo! He's still 10mph shy of Mueller-Koronek's record, and she doesn't even get a mention in the article.

Accurate article title: In the Land Speed record on a bicycle, British man moves 2nd place slightly closer to 1st place.
Personally I can't really give it to her for #1 since they allowed that weird "room on wheels" built around her. He's behind something, but not enclosed. She was fully enclosed in that cave-like apparatus. That seems kind of crap to me. They need to normalize the allowed drafting method to a standard.

So, something worth mentioning on her record also. There were some rather fantastical claims about her power output for the record from her people in some kind of tech article. The same data was repeated, then pulled, from some cycling websites. Something about like over 600w for more than 2 minutes or 800w for a minute.

It's a person with a background in riding, but the claims were absolutely silly given the average powers for men's track cycling power in the "kilo" race.

I asked them about it in a curious way and never heard anything. Kind of like "what was the power like for that run?".

I'm guessing it's not eye popping power at all, making this largely a "who has the most money and biggest gonads" kind of thing. Not much to do with cycling prowess.

The Battle Mountain HPV runs do have legit power figures available you can find, and it takes a solid rider to execute the runs.