View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 06:33 PM
rseeker

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 104 Posts
Speed run to the greenway, on a PR pace but blocked by 5PM shift-change traffic that filled the turn lane where I leave the forest cut-through and enter the highway. Maybe next time.

Broke the (aluminum, 2013-vintage) frame though. There's a crack across the front of the seat tube and back around the sides above the weld with the top tube. It was creaking and pinging like a can full of broken marbles during the warm-up ride today and some during my previous ride, and I thought it would be the bottom bracket needing adjustment, but then I found the crack.

It's not too surprising -- I'm a big boy, I ride hills and like to crank on it, and the mass-market frame turned out to be too small so I've been using a setback seat post. This bike came to me used and I don't think the previous owner was gentle. This was my learning bike, and, well, lessons learned. I'll be spinning up Bike 2.0 now. Front hub has been serviced, I got the cranks off last week, I opened the rear hub last night, and I'm waiting for the tool to remove the BB cartridge. It won't be long.

Last edited by rseeker; 08-24-19 at 12:37 PM.