Old 06-16-20, 10:45 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by Jungleland
Thanks for the advice everyone. I will definitely look into the various repair/coverage options offered by Trek and my LBS. Both my wife and my mom and I all have really nice road bikes from there and have been loyal customers so hopefully I can get some sort of discount.
Let your LBS submit the issue to Trek before doing anything... I've had several instances where Trek's customer service went way beyond expectations for no reason other than I asked them to.

For example, I bought a Trek mountain bike for a nephew and he accidentally destroyed the front wheel because he failed to tighten the quick release properly before riding and the wheel fell off! I took the mangled rim to my LBS and told them, "This is my nephew's fault, I do not expect Trek warranty will do anything as they have no obligation to, but see what you can do." Trek sent a whole new wheel at no cost to me. Granted, I can't promise they'll do the same on a high-end frame, but they want happy customers and I'm willing to be they'll help you out somehow.
Likes For PoorInRichfield: