volosong

Bikes: n + 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
^ What are you using?
NiteRider MiNewt 600 on the front, in strobe mode. That model has been replaced by the MiNewt 650, (and just checking, now a model 700). Just saw that Performance has the 600 for eighty bucks, (that's almost half price from what I paid). It is self-contained, recharges via USB, mounts on the bars, and in strobe mode, will last long enough for a century.

On the rear, I use a DiNotte 300R. It is also self contained, USB chargable, and I have it mounted on the seat post on most of my bikes. The Kestrel has an aero seat post, so I have to mount it on the lower seatstay on that bike. I had though about getting the 400R, but that model requires an external battery. The manufacturer lit says that the 400R cannot be used at night because it is too bright.

I've had complaints from drivers and pedestrians about the brightness, (and annoyance) of the lights. GOOD! That means they are working and I'm being seen. Be seen...be safe.

One motorcycle "ran me down", (coming toward me, passed me, turned around, and caught up with me), to ask about the MiNewt. He said he saw it from a half a mile away and wanted one for his motorcycle to increase his visibility.