Old 02-25-19, 04:53 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2638 Post(s)
Liked 3,151 Times in 1,658 Posts
Uneventful Sunday of racing at CBR yesterday. I didn't really want to go but the race director convinced me to.

cat 3/4: DNF/100

With a full field and many strong 3's and even more excitable 4's, I wasn't too enthusiastic lining up for this one. I decided that I did not want to deal with the race and so I would ride it on/off the front or tail gun the rear. After a few failed attacks and 15 min to go I resigned myself to tail gunning. The RD was acting funny the whole time and got worse so I didn't finish the last lap. A few turns of the barrel adjuster fixed that one.

Masters 30+ 3/4: 3rd/50-something

Some teammates set me up nicely with early attacks and helped keep me near (but not on) the front. I countered 10 min in and spent the next 20 min OTF solo, up 30 seconds for the middle of it. I turned around kept wishing to see a small group of riders chasing that I could win from, but it never happened. Field got me with 10' to go (lap cards) and I just stayed near the front and got 3rd in the sprint. There were 22 cat 3's who started so at least it was good for a whopping 3 points, so I'm at 24 now. Also when I was OTF I swept up a few primes, $50, a coffee mug, free race entry to another CBR and some overall points for the series.

Last edited by TMonk; 02-26-19 at 08:19 AM.