Old 05-06-19, 07:11 PM
BoozyMcliverRot

Bikes: 1991 Diamondback Master TG 1990 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 106 Posts
So I did some things.

First I stripped it back down to the bare frame and fork and degreased everything and cleaned it up. After that I stripped the paint on the chainring,stem and top cap and repainted them satin black. I added disc rotor bolts to all the eyelets to give it more of a finished look.

I bought a few parts to make it a little better. I added a chain tensioner from Amazon to allow me to flip between my 16t and 17t freewheels and not rely on a "magic gear",picked up a zero setback seatpost to shorten my reach a bit,picked up a actual threaded to threadless stem adapter rather than using my DIY adapter, replaced the pitted chrome headset with a Ritchey Logic in black,replaced the crappy plastic covered steel cantilevers with a set of Tektro mini Vs, and replaced the rusted seat binder with a new alloy one.

Currently I'm rebuilding a wheelset with Shimano 105 Champagne hubs that I also painted satin black and are laced to some hard ano box section Sun Mistral rims.

All in all this has been a fairly cheap and easy SS gravel conversion. Hopefully the box section rims will ride better than the semi deep boat anchors on it now.
Before.....

After

Edit: I can't seem to make my phone take good pics. It's hit and miss.

Last edited by BoozyMcliverRot; 05-06-19 at 07:16 PM.
Likes For BoozyMcliverRot: