Old 06-06-19, 08:36 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Ive had the same glasses for 6 years now and havent been able to get rid of them thru misplacing or breaking. They were $20 at Bass Pro and fit perfectly.
But I wanted some Fototec glasses since I ride a lot in dim light and hate having dark glasses in dim light. I bought some Tifosi Crit glasses a couple weeks ago and love em. Even at their darkest they arent as dark as regular style sunglasses, but they are excellent in full sun or in shade.
$60 from REI during a sale.

Sunglasses, to me, are like saddles- hundreds of options and all are different in shape and look. What fits one person is hell on another.
Yeah, I don't think the extra-dark glasses are very necessary, maybe out West they can help. Also helps I think to have a separate clear pair for twilight when there can be lots of bugs. My main peeve about most (cheap or $$) glasses is they don't give max coverage (old Oakley Pilots kick-started the whole bike glasses thing & had excellent coverage). Last year I did a spring ride & so much grainy pollen swept past the Tifosi Vogels it was quite painful. BTW I read pollen is a big problem in Paris-Roubaix in non-rainy runnings (recent years have been mostly dry).