Old 09-04-19, 06:44 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Yes.

Unfortunately, I don’t have my 808’s anymore. Sold them to a fixie kid (my world has come full circle).

I have some 33cm Alpina and 34cm Nitto bars if you want to test those.

I’m on my mobile phone now and haven’t read the entire thread.

I’m happy to send a few bucks to help offset the expenses.
A2 does have a number of wheels to test (although I'm not sure on specifics. An 808 is likely though. I do know they don't have any track specific wheels like an iO)

Some things to think of (for everyone, not just @carleton) is say I test 33cm Alpina's and 34cm Nittos. How would you want them tested? Rider off the bike? Rider on bike? How would we feasibly account for the difference in reach and drop between two sets of bars? If you don't account for it, then the 1cm difference will be swallowed up in the rider's position changing.
Lets say I borrow an iO and an 808. What tyres will make the test fair? An iO (besides the Rio) wants a narrow tyre, like 19mm... but that won't match the profile on a Firecrest or newer 808. What if the wheel I borrow already has a tyre glued to it, but not the optimal one? Or the 808 I borrow is a clincher?

Just some things to consider.

Thank you for the offer as well @carleton. I'm not sure if the interest is there as a whole... but it's not unprecedented to have a sort of crowdfunded tunnel session. link
The problem (morally at least, to me) is that if I took anyone's money, it would have to be a bigger *scope* project than just tacking it on to the end of my own personal testing. To control so many variables would take a bigger team than just me, the tunnel operator and my handler/eyes/runner.
Triathlon world there is that kind of interest to support a project like that, not sure about the track world though.