Old 11-20-17, 11:47 AM
Abe_Froman

Bikes: Marin Four Corners, 1960's Schwinn Racer in middle of restoration, mid 70s Motobecane Grand Touring, various other heaps.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9347 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
this works for me but I don't wear contacts

I tried goggles last year, but they fogged, & then the fog froze! couldn't even wipe that stuff off! my face is warm & moist & with extreme cold outside the goggles, w not enough ventilation, that's a poor plan. maybe with less temperature differentiation like like in warmer temps the goggles would work. or maybe having more ventilation would let the goggle work. might try modifying them this winter. but really the safety glasses work just fine. how long is your commute?
This is what I use down into the upper 20s. I wear a balaclava that I can pull over my nose when it gets cold....upper 20s lower 30s. The problem with this is that the glass fog up with the balaclava pulled up high.

Ski goggles work a bit better with the balaclava...but only so much. Lower 20s I still have fogging issues. I'm not sure there is a good solution short of doing something drastic. There is a guy on these forums...I think from one of the dakotas. He rigged up a really cool setup using a gasmask to expel his breath out the side of the mask, through one of the filter intakes, eliminating fogging. Very cool setup...I'm actually considering giving it a go, as I've got a science surplus store a mile from my house, and they've got old WW2 gas masks for sale.

I'm looking forward to scaring the crap out of my 3 yr old with it