Old 11-01-19, 03:22 PM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
Okay now that you went back and added this much better resolution photo later...I just blew it up and I clearly see it.

SO KUDOS! IT IS DEFINITIVE.........IT IS INDEED A BOTTECCHIA..........YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SOLVED IT.......NICE. ......................your reward is a lint sculpture I made from my old unwashed socks.....if you choose to forgo that prize......then I formally declare you Genius of the Universe of Things That Have No Significance.....which is actually a meaningful title.

That picture I looked at before was lower resolution. They must have used a different logo on the head badge than the ones I saw...which is a common thing.

Now the last question is why did John pick this brand of bike and this must imply that he knew something about quality or whoever gave it to him did.....which also makes sense. He used to ride Raleigh bikes in earlier days. I wonder how often Bottecchia was imported to the U.S. in the early seventies. If he had gotten in an argument with Yoko he could have got away quick. No slight on her....I think they were deeply in love. If anyone starts posting pictures of Beatles on bikes.....I will be mad...very mad.....but I will like it.....so go ahead if you dare.....if you have the nerve.....I dare yah..........using a little reverse psychology to kick start this thread......and the more surreal the comments the better.
My father in law has a Bottechia Campione del Mundo in his garage that I’ve promised him I would one day fix up. He used it to ride from LA to SF back in the late 60’s/early 70s. I would say Bottechia was a fairly obtainable brand in the US, by European import standards at the time, so I wouldn’t be surprised that Lennon just went into his LBS, asked for something he could ride around Central Park on with Yoko, and that’s what he walked out with.