TallTourist

Bikes: Vivente Deccan XXXL Slightly modified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saddlesores
i'm sorry, but to me, that's some industrial-grade SJW bee-ess. despite our
longing to live in a world of rainbows and unicorns, that's just not reality.
people, societies, governments are all different, and some ARE better than others.
that's a fact.

unless i'm wrong...in which case a country/society/people that condones slavery,
institutionalizes corruption, and celebrates the practice of shaving the clitoris off
of little girls is equally worthy as a society/country that does not, like switzerland.

to the OP, as someone who has been living and traveling over a decade in some of
the world's most racist, xenophobic, backwards cesspools, my advice is accept that
their country/society is barbaric and there's nothing you can do to change it. enjoy
the sights and the adventure, and when it gets too much for you to bear, leave.
you cannot change them. they don't want your advice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.
Thank you for that, I needed a good laugh. I was feeling pretty depressed at the backlash from my opinions until I started thinking of the kind of crap I've been putting up with.

I agree, and I'm definitely leaving. Hanging out in Mexico City for a bit to hopefully get some parts to upgrade my bike and wait for Europe to warm up a bit and then I'm headed over there. Should be good.

So how is Thailand for touring and living? I was loosely planning to go to China and I might still do it but I'm starting to think after doing some research that it's going to be even more annoying than Latin America in some significant ways. I've heard really nothing but good things about Thailand but I'm not so sure the people I've consulted are telling me the whole truth so what's your take on it? Should I focus on learning Thai and leave Mandarin on the back burner?