View Single Post
Old 12-02-19, 08:40 PM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
NYC. I can do a 50 mile bike ride and never leave Brooklyn and I'm on dedicated trails about 60% of the way and bike lanes almost all of the rest. It isn't paradise here but don't discount how much cycling infrastructure there is. Winter isn't great here but that's about the only time I don't ride. I visited Seattle a few years back thinking it would be a cycling paradise but I didn't think so. I had lived there for a number of years back in the '80s and thought it would have improved a lot more than it did. I was in San Francisco riding a few weeks back and liked it there, but in-city riding has a major problem, the hills. I really enjoyed my day there on a road bike though, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin county. Even in town, on Embarcadero and Market.

I rode in Copenhagen a few summers ago and I'm itching to get back. It really is a cycling paradise there. Even my 3 kids, college age at the time, were happy to use bikes to get around, it was just the thing to do to fit in with everyone else.
So, is Brooklyn the bike-friendliest borough these days? I lived in Manhattan long time ago and it (Manhattan) was awful then.