View Single Post
Old 07-26-20, 02:42 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 872 Posts
Thought I'd ride on Saturday, but managed to talk myself out of it at every turn, and eventually gave in and gave my legs the day off. Sunday morning I took a quick spin up the Minuteman to Lexington Center before breakfast.

Hmmm, I've purposely put myself in the queue for the Minuteman behind two guys on Blue Bikes, and in front of a guy on a contraption that I interpreted as a full-suspension 29er (good for that new crop of root heaves, I suppose). There's only one guy travelling outbound on Mass. Ave. Guess a desire for shade conquered all other considerations this morning, at least between my ears.

Turned out to be a reasonable choice. Such traffic as there was outbound sorted itself out nicely, there was shade, very pleasant, distancing and mask protocols were observed, and I made good time.

After the turnaround, things thickened up a bit, especially in the outbound lane; aside from bozos trying to pass two-abreast, and similar lane infractions, it didn't really matter to my inbound self, and the ride ended in time for breakfast. Caffeination continued.

rod