Old 08-14-19, 01:01 PM
psycholist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well yay. Took my bike (2013 CAADX ULT) in yesterday to the shop where I bought the bike for overhaul of non fork related things and the mech took one look at it and starts telling me about the recall and then says the new batch of forks won't be in til Aug 31 annnd I can't just have them do the stuff I had planned on and then bring it back later for the fork swap. If I drop my bike off there's no taking it home til after the first of Sept. And you can't opt out. I know this is just them covering their butt, and I also know this is in my best interest since it sounds like something weird is going on with these forks, but it just seemed irritating as hell at the time to think they weren't even giving me a choice. I have close to 150,000 mi or better on this bike and who knows what kinds of minute cracks from everyday wear and tear might be up there by now, or in the carbon seat post, yet I have to accept that possibility and not ride scared. I snapped a crank on my old bike in a sprint and that was exhilaration aplenty, but I don't ride around thinking gee my crank might pop today, don't get on it. I'm going to take them up on the recall of course, who doesn't want a new free fork (unless New and Improved turns out crappy too, hmm) but I guess it just bugged me how they presented the issue, which was like accept the terms of the recall or we don't work on your bike because as of this moment it is officially a death bomb. I know, it all boils down to litigation. Just sayin. I also wonder how many people bought this bike from a Cdale dealer but have work done somewhere else. How would they even know about the recall?