mprince
Dont fix whats not broken

Bikes: Steelman Stage Race, Dura-Ace 9s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 93 Posts
Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield
Problem is that the SIDI's you knew and what they are now are not the same. I, too, had a pair of SIDI's that I loved that were actually made of leather (ooops, I just dated myself!) Today, with the exception of Lake, pretty much all cycling shoes are made from synthetic materials. While there are some advantages to synthetics, the huge disadvantage is that synthetic materials don't stretch and conform to the oddities of your foot shape like real leather shoes do. Therefore, if your synthetic shoes don't quite fit right on day 1, they won't like fit well on day 1,001 either. It'd be great if a new pair of SIDI's fit just like your older pair, but I'm willing to bet they don't... regrettably.
My SIDI's are "new" enough to be made of Lorica, which doesn't stretch. I just bought replacement insoles from SIDI for them (Energy 2 shoes) and they "fit like a glove" so I'm fairly confident that new SIDI's will fit much like my trusted pair. In any case, I will find out as I will be ordering a new pair soon.

Your experience is helpful though, and as a result I am also considering other brands.