Old 06-26-20, 01:38 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked 3,131 Times in 1,646 Posts
Did a Zwift TTT with some buddies from the San Diego Velodrome yesterday. It was interesting. Ended up with about 40' at about 4.3 w/kg. Hurt pretty bad towards the end.

It's so much harder to coordinate then a real world TTT as you might imagine. We had a rough plan outlined at the start with 8 riders, some of whom fell back of course. It was tough to keep that rotation in line as people got dropped or were generally just fatigued. Voice meeting on Zoom. Also the draft in Z is way less than real life as well. I was doing my pulls at 5.0 feeling fine but then realizing that I had to be a bit more conservative as I wasn't able to recover as much as real life for various reasons.

For the real world TTT's I do (with different guys), the pulls are closer to 6.0 w/kg for me. Much bigger disparity in power. Also we do shorter pulls, but that's probably because it's easier to coordinate and there is less fitness disparity than our Zwift group last night where three of us were taking much longer pulls.

Last edited by TMonk; 06-26-20 at 04:46 PM.
Likes For TMonk: