View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 02:30 PM
highstream

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@69chevy Leaving aside your unfortunate comment about millions - although there have actually been situations involving millions where my interventions have seriously influenced the solving of if not directly cracking the problem - it appears you didn’t notice that in picking up the thread two years later, it’s been no longer just about getting in and out of Ultegra pedals, but about a range of options, i.e., looking at the original choice anew.

@psimet. Be careful how you phrase suggestions of incompetence. I think the 550 test solved the issue of competence. As for your point about others’ competence, I haven’t seen any evidence to support it, especially given that I started the Ultegras and 550s with the same degree of float and had exactly opposite results. But maybe I’ll find out differently (it wouldn’t be the first time in this relatively rural locale).

Let’s move on. I’m inclined toward going back to SPD, not because of the release issue, but rather based on the convenience and speed of having two sides for entry, given that my shoes are compatible (is there a strong argument against it?). In any case, the shop mechanic is going to ask Shimano about it, if the opportunity arises. Thanks,

Last edited by highstream; 05-09-19 at 03:03 PM.