Old 02-25-21, 03:43 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,046 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilbur76
Curious about the brands and models of the 2 different frames. Pictures even better if you have them. The carbon frame may not be as low spec therefore picking up GRX later might really work once your budget allows.
I've decided to pass on the carbon frame. The GRX 400 equipped bike I'm looking at is a Motobecane Gravel Pro X, but now I'm also looking at the Poseidon X bike which is currently in-stock new. The Motobecane is used, but with minor scruffs but it almost has a complete GRX 400 groupset, with some cheap BB and FSA crankset 30/46t. The Poseidon X seems to have reviewed well, but with pricing going up, I'm not sure the value is still there where it was a year ago when it was $600 USD (now $699 + $50 shipping and $50 tax). I basically just want to do some light gravel and uphill riding mainly for fitness, nothing too extreme. Both will come out to about $800 USD with tax and shipping. Between these two bikes, I'm not sure which direction to go?

I'm totally open to other recommendations as well, given the current bike stock. I've also looked at the State Off-Road and Pure Cycle Gravel bike, but those bikes with tax and shipping are hitting the $1000 USD price point and I'd rather put that money in other accessories (like better clipless shoes, pedals, etc.) I ride anywhere from a 50-52mm, but my current single speed is a 49mm, which I partially like since I can ride a longer stem and handling seems more responsive.

Last edited by jonathanf2; 02-25-21 at 03:52 PM.