View Single Post
Old 12-11-17, 01:55 PM
dim

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6 .... Miyata One Thousand

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
I'm using tubeless on my roadbike and loving it! ...

I have a Giant TCR (full carbon) and I had a wheelset built for me (HED Belgium Plus rims, Chris King R45 hubs (with the ceramic bearings), Sapim CX Ray spokes.

I'm training for long Audax rides and will be using tubeless tyres

I researched for tubeless tyres and settled on the 2017 IRC Formula Pro RBCC tubeless road tyres.... grip like superglue, and roll really well. (These tyres are not the fastest of the IRC bunch, but they roll faster than Conti GP4000 Sii but grip much better, and I wanted something to do lots of miles during winter... I will try the lighter tubeless IRC tyres in Spring aswell as some other tyres from Schwalbe, Hutchinson etc

One puncture so far, and it self sealed .... 2 competitive rides with these tyres (one Audax ride of 100km where I finished 4th and a 50km sportive where I finished 1st)

I am looking at buying a Scott Addict and I will also have a light tubeless ready wheelset built for this bike ...

If I were to tour, I'd use tubeless .... nice thing about using tubeless ready rims, is that you can also use normal clinchers with tubes, so it gives you a bigger choice of tyres

Last edited by dim; 12-11-17 at 02:02 PM.