View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 04:43 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
I was wondering a bout the what ID the cutters should create, but figured if they had been sharpened to many times they would be making the fit tighter so carried on. I was running on sleep deprivation yesterday and ended up using motor oil as a cutting fluid, and it felt like only one tooth on the face-er was cutting so I only went as far as faceing both ends of the head tube. I don't have the new headset in hand yet, but if its skirts are 9mm I will need to take another 3mm off the top and bottom to get any kind of referencing. Further inspection and cleanup indicates that both top and bottom cups are loose and where previously glued in with something. It could be JB Weld from the color, but its coming off with a brass brush. Now I'm thinking some one stuck a flex hone or some sort of rotating abrasive in there and had at it. Hopefully this will end with up with me "leaving it better than I found it"...

Last edited by bark_eater; 05-29-20 at 04:48 AM.