Thread: Bikecloset
View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 09:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by Kat12
Yeah, I have a friend who ordered something through the LBS (wasn't in stock the day we were there), and a few days later (I'm pretty sure it wasn't even a week) was calling them to see if it was in yet (despite the fact that she was told it would be a while). Even in normal times I would expect it to take at least a week or possibly more. I told her it was going to be a while.

(And so now every time we go to a store, she's like "oh I wonder if they have the Thing because it hasn't come into LBS yet." {I know, she's excited about her bike and wants to buy All The Things, and do it right now, {and, I suspect, make the bike "perfect"} but I've been trying to dissuade her from throwing a ton of money at it right away too and to slow down and figure out what she really needs after riding it for a while, look around online for better prices rather than just buying whatever she can grab at a store today, etc.})
Everyone is excited, everyone wants their bike, that is the big problem. If you were to put it to them, I have this other person who really wants their bike right away let me not work on yours and do theirs instead, they would lose their minds. "What do you mean you are working on that bike it just came in mine has been there"

People just need to relax all we have right now is time and if we just say "OK cool things take a little longer" we can all get along. If you are living under a rock please let me rent it out for a time, I could use it but there is also a global pandemic out there and instead of actually fighting it we are just trying to start the engine in a closed garage, saying "running this car is more important than breathing right now"