View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 06:45 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
Not entirely true. They did not accept outside advertisements, but every time I started the app, I had to click away their own summit or <insert flavor of the month name they cooked up> paid service ads multiple times that i realized I hardly checked the app for weeks.
A rose by any other name...Call it "Partner integrations," if you'd like. In any case, every ride anyone ever did that was from a "sponsor" was prioritized boldly & plainly at the top of the news feed & prominantly throughout.

I know my friend, in real life, rode with a Wahoo! on his ZWIFT VIRTUAL! in his living room last weekend. The only thing missing was a full motion confetti overlay & kazoo sound effects. The real life ride we did yesterday is the one that should be showing.

Perhaps you didn't notice the way the feed is/was aggregated? It has changed now & is so much better for it.

Really though, those that are sad about the $5/monthly fee aren't the ones they were ever going to break even with, so it really is no big loss. They weren't customers anyway.

Car dependency is a tax.