View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 07:07 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
If anybody is curious about the safest places, this data base has county level data on average new case counts per capita:
https://globalepidemics.org/key-metr...d-suppression/

I am not even thinking about a bike tour this year. For those of you that do it, I hope you stay safe and have a great time. I hear that some campgrounds are busier, but some are less busy, so it is impossible to say how that will work out for you.

Last summer I did a two week backpacking trip, I plan a repeat of that next month. When bike touring, I re-supply on food and fuel along the way. But backpacking, I am not planning on re-supplying at any stores along the way, will re-supply on food and stove fuel once or twice from where I park my truck. Thus will be 100 percent self-reliant based on what I bring from home. And backpacking out in the wilderness is the definition of social distancing.