View Single Post
Old 05-17-07, 09:59 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Krink
After considering all these sage observations, I'm changing my mind about guns. My new slogan is:

Guns don't kill people.
Bullets kill people.

Doesn't an empty gun supply all the protection that a loaded gun promises, without any of the moral qualms? Point it at whoever the heck you want! Give 'em a little chill! Ride off into the sunset.
Good way to wind up dead! If you are going to carry, at least make sure you CAN use it as more than an empty threat. To do otherwise is a fancy way of saying Suicide by other means.

A weapon is not for show, it is to use......period. To think otherwise is a total lack or responsibility to yourself! Learn to use the weapon properly and responsibly. Learn to use actual practical shooting tactics (read "close quarters combat" shooting here). Also remember, if you are wrong, you are going to be prosecuted....it's a double edged sword!

On the other side of the coin, there is an inherent responsibility to holding the key to deadly force. If you aren't willing to accept that responsibility, then don't carry, as simple as that! Also, if you carry, then keep at the back of your mind how easy it is to allow overconfidence to lure you into a situation you don't want to be in.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant