Old 08-15-09, 11:35 AM
TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timber_8
It has been so long since I have seen the Pacific coast. I love a sun set over the ocean.

Hey Tamara is that seat kinda low. I am very familiar with that bike & I thought you looked taller than that. Do your knees fatigue when your riding. I know the bike is tight between the seat & the bar in the step through. It will be more comfortable to ride if the seat is adjusted to fit your body. I do know that standing in the step through is close on that bike
I'm actually just 5'3 with not long legs (stating the obvious). On this ride the seat was a tad lower than I have it now. Here's the thing. When I bought my bike I was right between sizes. The bike shop I go to is great but the 1st guy who helped me let me decide which felt best though he did guide me. Being such an inbetween height is tricky. So...I buy my bike. I take it home and don't ride it for a week. Finally I bring it downstairs (we live in an apt.), I get on, and wobble, the bike was too high with the seat at it's lowest so I actually fell over into our bushes. I proceeded to take a little ride to the bank and back, and dechained the chain doing great right? So I called the LBS and they told me I could exchange it for the smaller one. MUCH BETTER....but...

I started with the seat a tad lower than standard so I could do a little more than a tippy toe touch but not flat foot, for comfort. As I've ridden more I have raised the seat little by little. My guess is the seat is at least an inch higher now to where I can barely touch when stopped and need to lean to stop comfortably.

So...all that is to say...good eye And you know, another reason I picked a Hybrid is that many are made with women's bodies and proportions in mind.