Ricovonsuave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisRob01

thanks again, really appreciate all the advice 😊

I just want to get better and keep improving and having fun

track straps? I wasn’t aware, what would you reccomend?

Also any guidance on the skin suit?
No worries. Honestly, maybe I’m getting ahead of things with the straps advice - don’t overcomplicate things, max tension on your pedals should be fine for most efforts and enduros don’t bother with straps at all. My old coach makes some under the G Race sprint straps brand. But I use plain locally made ones now. They’re a wide piece of nylon webbing with a metal thing and velcro to secure you so you can’t twist out of the pedals in a max effort. But modern pedals are really quite good if you have a decent pedalstroke. The straps are mainly for a bit of extra confidence amd security.

Skinsuit - not actually a big deal as a beginner, I was kind of making the joke that bike riders love to look professional above all else... but they are faster and look better - just whatever fits and is the right price with a quality chamois pad. Shorts and a jersey are fine too, but a skinsuit guarantees you won’t have your jersey ride up or flap around when you’re in a low track position. For championship races in they usually want you to wear a plain-coloured or your club skinsuit i.e. not one of the pro team ones. But that’s an issue for later. The debate about what type of skinsuit is fastest is also not something to worry about yet, but I think there are more than a few threads on here and elsewhere. They wear out so just get something serviceable and comfortable for now. Spend any spare cash on your bike first, as it’s a longer term investment probably...