Old 01-27-17, 06:55 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
I'm into my fouth season on road tubeless, and have no plans to go back to tubes.

I have two, tubeless specific, American Classic wheelsets on which I use Schwalbe tires, either Pro, Pro One, or S One.

My assessment of the system performance has been very good, and despite some extra hassle, think the advantage for the aggressive riding is worth it. The ride quality is great, and tires fast, grippy, and confidence inspiring.

For those looking to get into tubeless, my advice is to do it right. Use tubeless specific rims and the manufacturers recommended tape (if needed) and tires. Follow their directions. Get the right tools for the job.

Because there are no industry standards on the equipment, starting with a onown good wheel/tire pairing will help abbreviate the learning curve.

Also, doo your homework and understand the different types of tubeless tires out there.

Lastly, if you're not looking for the ultimate combo of performance, flat protection, convenience and feel, don't bother with tubeless. There are other ways to achieve some of those things at once, but only tubeless can deliver on all of them.