Old 06-20-19, 11:39 AM
Jac of Hearts

Bikes: 2012 Trek Dual Sport 8.5 Gary Fisher Collection

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
You said that you have pushed the nose all the way down. Most seatposts* will allow for a downward tilt of the nose to around 20° to 25°. That's a lot of tilt. It's enough to push you onto your hands and, perhaps, make you readjust on the saddle constantly to compensate.
My seatpost limits how much I can tilt the seat. (Bontrager SSR) Today I tried closer to level and even a slight nose up. Nose down was a little better than either.

Originally Posted by cyccommute
Another consideration is the clothes you are wearing. If you aren't wearing bicycle shorts, the seams in regular clothes bunches up around that area. Bicycle clothes aren't worn for fashion. They are for function. If you don't have padded shorts, consider getting some.
I am wearing padded bike underwear as underwear. It does help.

After your last post I'm taking a look at seat height. I do think this got worse when I raised my seat.

I am going to go to my LBS this afternoon and see if the problem is fit and see if they can take an objective view on how my bike should fit me.

We are headed out to the NC OBX Sunday and I want to be able to put down some miles while I'm there.