View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 02:55 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,296 Times in 866 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
Are you saying this one is the same as Shimano cranks, in that regard? Or that it uses a standard Camp. crank puller?

I really didn’t know they switched stuff so much, just always heard you have to be careful with Italian-threaded things. Campagnolo is “normally” not in my price-range, lol, so I never really paid attention. 🙄🤔😁

It’s cool to know the BB shell is English-threaded. I can use a UN-55 in it, down the road, if needed, but this one’s VERY nicely broken in, should still have a few miles left on her. 🙂
Yeah, only the French makers like Stronglight and TA used threading that is proprietary in a contemporary sense. Campag did have left-handed extractor threading on those C-Record arms, but you didn't need any puller because of the self-extracting bolt hardware!

So go ahead and use your old Sugino or Park crank puller on the 10s Campagnolo arms, it'll fit perfectly.