Thread: Fenders?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-21, 07:32 PM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
No: never liked the look and never had the need to fend off mud or dirt because I don't commute on my bikes. I ride the Trek DS regularly on rail-trails, but rarely in sloppy conditions,

Then again, I did like a very nice, green, fendered Synapse that Cannondale had out in 2015, very much. I remember that its fenders were very tightly fitted, which explained the attractive look to me. But, that fit was not going to allow me to step up from the stock 25c tires; and by then, I was riding 28c even on my Domane. Consider this in your choice, and be sure that you have enough room for the limestone or whatever surface material you're riding on, and will be kicking up, to skip through. Some of the pictured fenders here appear to have pretty tight fits, and may be fine for most applications, but not for all. Enjoy your eventual selection.
Likes For BiciMan: