J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Go buy a Mazda3 for 22k new off the showroom floor.
Several people have commented on my $30k cars comment. Apparently that ruffled some feathers. Also apparently there is disparity in everyone's idea of what constitutes a decent car. Also, reading comprehension seems to be a rarity in this modern world of ours. If you look at my original post, I said "decent car." Perhaps I should have increased the size of the text, bolded it, italicized the text, and underlined it. You know, for emphasis.

A Mazda 3 may be a worthy car for the $22k price tag, but it is and always will be the bottom of Mazda's lineup. Its an entry level car or a student car. Simply put, its an economy compact car, so probably not a good argument in this case.

We like CRVs, and we've had several in the last 25 years. They seem to be a decent combination of size, snow-handling, capabilities, conveniences, and luxury. If you want one, they are hard to find up here without having some sort of value-added package, which of course adds to the price. Here is a good example of a couple cars in my area: 2020 CRV As you can plainly see, they roll off the lot at $30k+.