View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 08:29 AM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by TCR Rider
That's a great result. I too have been able to kneel on the floor, with extra cushioning, to do exercise and yoga.
The infection thing really is a big concern for me since I also have more hardware from a hip replacement and surgery to correct a malunion of a pelvic fracture not to mention dental implants. I"d rather err on the side of caution and take the antibiotics because I don't know if I could handle any complications.
I see you are no stranger to Physical Terrorism, er Therapy... I tell everyone contemplating a TKR, to ask around and see who in your area is a the best therapist for TKR, and see them. Then, Do ALL the therapy, and ALL the home exercise they give you. That patience I learned from my TKR and therapy, were needed when I broke my back 9 months later... Saw the same therapist and I am not on daily pain med...

My therapist is still shocked with my results, he swears everyone loses 10 or more ROM after leaving therapy, I gained. But, I use it every day, crawling in and on and under equipment at work, working under my cars at home, playing with my grandkids on the floor...

I tend to err on that same side of caution. But I also agree there are some risks associated with over use of antibiotics. Which is also why I limit my use of hand sanitizers. A few bugs and germs are actually healthy for you, the antibiotics and hand sanitizers don't discriminate.

I wish you continued improvement!